Signs Your Residential Roof Needs to Be Replaced
December 1, 2022
Residential roof replacement is our bread and butter service here at Rapid Roofing in Michigan. They make roofing materials so much better these days, and we have the skills to put them together to last decades.
How do you know if your old roof has expired and needs replacement? We’ll show you the top signs that it’s time to get a new one.
Top Signs Your Need a New Residential Roof
- Your roof is missing shingles, either after a major winter storm or because of years of wear and tear.
- The other roof components are also suffering damage. Keep an eye on your gutters, soffits, flashing, and even your siding. Those often deteriorate at around the same time as your roof.
- You notice leaks, which are the most obvious sign your roof is in serious trouble.
- The other houses in the neighborhood have new roofs, whereas yours looks antiquated. While it’s not supposed to be about “keeping up with the Joneses,” you can lose home resale value with an outdated roof.
- Your old roof isn’t that bad, but you’d like to bolster your home’s curb appeal with sharper shingle designs, like the ones you’d find from makers like GAF.
Also, most of these problem symptoms apply just as well to multi-family buildings such as apartment complexes and condominiums. If you’re a property owner or landlord, we hope you‘ll keep us in mind if you notice any of these troubles on your properties.
How Long Does it Take to Install a New Roof?
It’s hard to give a precise timetable on roof replacement because there are several factors that determine how long it takes to install a roof. The best way to tell is for us to visit your residence, perform an inspection, and make an estimate. These are the primary factors that influence the project duration in our area.
- The Weather – If you’re installing shingles, it’s a bad idea to do this in the heavy heat (when the material might melt). Plus, it’s unsafe and impractical to do this work in the rain or freezing outside.
- Size of Your Home – Larger homes demand larger roofs, which increases the price tag and the installation time.
- The Complexity of the Roof Design – Does your roof have lots of slopes and ornate features? Those typically take longer because we’d have to cut and put together more strips of shingles.
- Roof Accessibility – We have to be careful with work like this, and we sometimes lose efficiency if there are certain sections of the roof that are hard to reach. This could happen because of trees or other obstacles blocking easy entry.
Don’t DIY a Residential Roof Replacement
There are still way too many accidents that occur when homeowners try to do heavy roof maintenance. It’s not unheard of for folks to fall and suffer serious injuries. Therefore, we always recommend contacting a professional for this work.
Rapid Roofing trains, certifies, and insures all our roofing personnel. There’s a lot of equipment that you have to use properly to do this job properly, including nailers, caulking guns, compressors, snips, and ladders. Unless you know how to move around a roof safely and operate all those tools, then don’t try this at home.
Reliable Roofing Solutions with Rapid Roofing in Michigan
When it’s time to hire a contractor to update your roof, you can rely on Rapid Roofing. We serve over a dozen communities, including Ann Arbor, Canton, Ypsilanti, Milford, New Hudson, and Grosse Pointe. Our guys arrive on time, do the job efficiently, and clean up everything before leaving.
Check out all our glowing testimonials to get a feel for what folks think of our workmanship. We have about 1,000 reviews on Google Reviews now, which gives us a stellar 4.9/5.0 aggregate rating.
So, if you need residential roof replacement or repair services, contact us today and find out why we’re the top installation company in Michigan.