The Importance of a Roof Inspection Before Winter
December 8, 2022
It’s always a wise idea to obtain a roof inspection before heading into the harsher weather of either winter or summer. Especially if your roof is reaching the end of its lifespan, you could justify semi-annual inspections. Here, we’ll focus on why it’s worthwhile to have a professional roofing company, like Rapid Roofing, perform a winter inspection.
Why You Need a Roof Inspection Before Winter
There’s almost nothing worse than finding out about a problem after the weather has already reached the freezing point. Your home’s roof is one of the core components that protects you from cold air, hot air, water intrusion, pest/insect intrusion, and an array of other nuisances.
That’s why it helps to have a trained professional make sure everything is intact. Depending on what we find, if damages are serious enough, you may decide to order repairs or even a full roof replacement. The typical asphalt shingle roof will last anywhere from 10 to 30 years, so once you’ve had your roof for a decade or two, inspections become even more critical.
Problems We Might Find During an Inspection
What are the common things we might find wrong with your roof during an inspection?
- Serious shingle damage – coming off the roof, or significant granule loss
- Visible daylight when you enter your attic
- Ceiling sagging
- Damages to the flashing (including sealant peeling)
- Lots of debris clogged in the gutters and downspouts
- Algae/mold growth (which gets worse in spring/summer)
An aging roof can lead to other noticeable troubles around your home, especially within the realm of energy efficiency. While a rising utility bill could come from a variety of other problems (poor siding, windows, doors, etc.), a leaky/porous roof could be the primary culprit. It’s important to let us know this before we do an inspection, so that we’ll know to verify whether your roof causes energy inefficiency.
Why Trust Rapid Roofing with a Roof Inspection?
You should know the best reasons to get an inspection, but also why to trust such an important task to us. Therefore, we want to remind you of all these terrific reasons why Rapid Roofing is the best roofing contractor in our area.
- We hustle, do the job promptly, and don’t cut corners. You can count us to handle minor repairs within a few hours; new roof installations normally within a day or two.
- We use top-notch materials, including shingles from popular brands like GAF and CertainTeed. We’re one of only 3% of contractors who earn the Master Elite status for installing GAF products. We also possess a 5-star status to install CertainTeed materials.
- Our 17-point inspection services leave no stone unchecked. This would include checking the shingles, flashing, soffits, gutters, and more.
- We’re a family-owned company and place a strong emphasis on courtesy and friendly service.
- Rapid Roofing has an A+ accreditation with the Better Business Bureau (BBB), along with numerous other recognitions.
- We offer plenty of financing options for roof replacements. That includes installment payments you can spread out over 60 months.
Hire Rapid Roofing for Inspections, Repairs, Roof Replacement, & More
Besides all the positive characteristics we just mentioned, Rapid Roofing only employs trained technicians who clean up after themselves at the end of the job. Plus, we do everything we can do to give you clear estimates, and our service rates are affordable and competitive with the rest of the industry.
Our outstanding roofing workmanship is available to folks all over the Detroit, Ann Arbor, and Canton area. We’ve also installed new roofs on homes in neighborhoods and communities like Plymouth, South Lyon, New Hudson, and Northville.
So, contact Rapid Roofing soon for a comprehensive roof inspection to enjoy much more peace of mind heading into the cold winter.