Questions to Ask a Michigan Roofing Contractor Before Hiring Them
February 21, 2023
Do you know what to ask your Michigan roofing contractor before letting them do repairs or replace your entire roof?
It’s good to ask them a few preliminary questions before signing any service contract. This is just the responsible homeowner homework that will help you select somebody trustworthy for the job. It’s definitely worthwhile because roof replacement is a sizable investment, and you deserve to have it done correctly.
Most Important Preliminary Hiring Questions
- How long have you been in the roofing business, and can I see photo examples of your previous work?
- What Michigan locations and neighborhoods do you cover?
- Do you have a reputation with the Better Business Bureau (BBB)?
- What about consumer reviews? What do your previous clients say about your services?
- Does your company have licensing, insurance, bonding, and certifications for roofing?
- How do you protect the rest of my home against damages that may arise during a roofing project?
- Can you handle peripheral tasks like replacing gutters, downspouts, soffits, and flashing?
- What can you do if there’s a severe storm and I lose a bunch of shingles off my roof?
- If the plywood or ceiling boards have damage, can you replace those also?
- What are my material options? Do you install premium shingles with UV ray protection?
These are just a few things you should ask. As you continue researching roof replacement options, you’ll think of other questions.
All of our guys at Rapid Roofing are friendly, knowledgeable, and want to help you get the most out of a major roofing project. Don’t be afraid to ask us anything.
Signs of a Reliable Michigan Roofing Contractor
Those are some of the best credential questions. We thought it would also help to know what constitutes a great roofing contractor. You should look for these characteristics when choosing a roofing company.
- They possess a mastery of all installation techniques, backed up with certifications from manufacturers like GAF and CertainTeed.
- The best roofing companies will offer inspection services, which let you know when you’re having roof problems BEFORE they get out of hand.
- You should be able to get repair on any roof style including pitched roofs, flat roofs, shingled systems, metal roofs, and more.
- They should be reasonably efficient with their work. While delays and problems may arise, you should expect your roofing contractor to . . .
- Install most roofs in about one day.
- Honor their service warranties and fix errors promptly.
- Respond to emergency service calls within 24 hours.
What About Financing Options?
You should definitely ask your prospective contractor about cost concerns and get them to give you a clear project estimate. The average cost of a new roof installation is at least $10,000, but that figure can vary substantially depending on the size and complexity of your home.
You don’t need to let a higher price tag intimidate you, however. Rapid Roofing offers plenty of financing options to help you shoulder the burden. Many homeowners take advantage of these programs.
This gives you a chance to break things down into installment payments spread out over the course of 60 months. Rates and exact figures are contingent upon credit history, but we’re more than happy to work with you to make things affordable.
Hire the Best Michigan Roofing Contractor: Rapid Roofing
We’re Detroit and Ann Arbor’s best roofing business because we cover all the bases. We have an A+ accreditation with the BBB, lots of positive customer reviews, and plenty of manufacturer certifications. Rapid Roofing is one of only 3% of American roofing contractors with a Master Elite status for installing GAF shingles.
We can help you with a new roof, gutters, siding, and even skylights. If it goes on your roof, chances are we can help you with it.
Contact us anytime for dependable services from Rapid Roofing, the best Michigan roofing contractor.