10 Things to Look for When Choosing a Roofing Repair Company in Canton MI
September 25, 2017
Your ability to protect your family and possessions hinges upon the soundness and security of your roof. Failure to select a top-notch roofing company to handle your roofing repairs can jeopardize the safety and security of your home or business. Fortunately, you can avoid damage to your property by enlisting the services of experienced roofing repair company in Canton MI. When evaluating roofers in Canton Michigan, homeowners and business owners should seek a company that offers repair services featuring the following 10 elements.
- A commitment to outstanding customer service. The path to a five-star roof is paved with superb customer service. From the moment you make your initial phone call or inquiry to the completion of your repair work, you deserve the highest quality of service. You can measure a company’s customer service by looking for the following:
- Receipt of endorsements by GAF and CertainTeed
- Positive online customer reviews on sites such as Angie’s List
- A+ ratings from organizations such as the Better Business Bureau (BBB)
- Receipt of service awards such as the GAF Master Elite Award or Angie’s List Super Service Award
- A comprehensive roof inspection. Successful roof repair begins with a thorough inspection of your roof to identify key problem areas. Failure to complete a roof inspection prior to initiating repair work can lead to missed opportunities for improvement and incomplete repairs. Below are four tips to consider during a roof inspection.
- An inspection should cover at least 15-20 areas of your roof
- Be wary of inspections that are hurried or rushed
- Inspections should be complimentary
- Your roof inspector should review key findings with you following the inspection
- Selection of top quality shingles and materials. The most experienced roofers in the world cannot overcompensate for poor quality materials. The most outstanding roofers know that vendor selection is critical to success in the roofing repair industry. For instance, choosing manufacturers such as CertainTeed helps ensure that your shingles will remain free of cracks, stains, and blisters.
- A detailed estimate. Once the initial inspection is completed, customers should receive a detailed quotation outlining the cost of each recommended repair. Customers should be wary of companies that refuse to provide an estimate or roofers who demand payment in advance without clearly outlining costs. A quote or estimate should be provided in writing and should include the following information:
- The inspection date and the name of the inspector
- Warranty information should be clearly stated
- The cost of materials and labor required to repair your roof
- Any additional costs such as taxes that may apply
- Expertise repairing pitched and flat roofs. Expert roofing contractors recognize that no two roofs are exactly alike. They are keenly aware of the two basic types of roofs and the challenges associated with each. Key considerations for flat and pitched roofs include the following:
- Pitched roofs: Commonly known as sloped roofs, pitched roofs are popular because they effectively handle heavy rainfall and snow to eliminate the possibility of standing water above your home. They are also known for their aesthetically pleasing design. In spite of these advantages, sloped roofs are more expensive to install and are not always appropriate for homes or buildings with multiple levels.
- Flat roofs: Flat roofs are often more affordable than pitched roofs and they are usually constructed of asphalt or bitumen. While they might initially be more cost-effective, flat roofs are prone to pooling water and leakage. They typically have a shorter lifespan and require more frequent maintenance and repair work.
- Experience repairing multiple roof styles. The best roofers in Canton Michigan pay careful attention to a roof’s slope and proceed with repair work according to the architectural roof style of each structure. For instance, repairing a shed roof will require a different approach than repairing a gable roof or a dormer roof. Top roofers have also installed and repaired metal roofs and asphalt roofs, and are aware of the key challenges associated with each roofing style.
- A focus on efficiency. A damaged or leaking roof can quickly spell disaster for homeowners if repair work is not completed quickly. When disaster strikes, people cannot afford to wait for days to receive an estimate or repair work. Leading roofing contractors are committed to efficiency and make every effort to ensure that your repairs are completed swiftly and professionally. Below are a few hallmarks of efficient roofing repair companies:
- Ability to install most new roofs in one day
- The tools and resources to handle large repair projects quickly
- Immediate access to an extensive selection of shingles and other roofing materials
- Ability to respond to roofing inquiries and emergencies 24/7
- A warranty is included. Peace of mind is essential for customers who are experiencing the damaging effects of a leaking or eroded roof. Leading roofers offer a warranty and 100% satisfaction guarantee on their products and services because they are confident in the quality of their materials and workmanship.
- Assessment of your roof as a complete system. Top roofing repair companies do more than simply inspect your shingles for signs of deterioration. They view your roof as a complete system consisting of multiple components that function together to protect your home or business. In addition to evaluating the condition of your shingles, expert roofers will inspect the following components of your roof for signs of wear and tear:
- Soffit: This is the vinyl or wood section beneath your roof’s overhang. Soffits are prone to holes and rotting.
- Fascia: A fascia is a wooden board that runs along your roofline. Moisture can damage your fascia over time.
- Gutters: Gutters channel water away from your roof and home’s exterior. They are subject to cracks and clogs.
- Flashing: The flashing is the rubber or metal material around your roof vents and chimney. It can be prone to cracking and leaking.
- Ability to provide education and guidance. The best roofers in Canton MI make a habit of educating their customers and providing trusted guidance as needed. For instance, they can quickly recognize a roof that is beyond repair and know that some situations simply call for a new roof in Canton MI. Additionally, great roofing companies educate their customers about roof maintenance and teach them how to spot the signs of an eroding roof. The end result is a well-informed customer who can save thousands of dollars in roof maintenance expenses.
Selecting the Best Roofing Repair Company in Canton
Clearly, not all roofing companies are created equal. When evaluating roofing repair companies in Canton, homeowners and business owners should carefully compare options and choose the roofing contractor that offers the qualities outlined above. By exhibiting these qualities, Rapid Roofing has earned the trust and repeat business of Canton residents who value top quality service and roofing materials.
For nearly 20 years, Rapid Roofing has served as the leader in roof repair for the Canton, MI community. Their 17-point roof inspection is thorough and never rushed, ensuring that no repairs are left unattended. Customers receive a complete report highlighting key repair issues and can take advantage of a variety of payment plans. As a CertainTeed 5 star contractor, Rapid Roofing is certified in low slope and metal roofing. We invite you to CALL NOW to inquire about a free estimate. We look forward to showing you why Rapid Roofing is Canton’s most trusted resource for roofing repair!