Is it Worth it to Replace Your Roof Before Selling?
December 21, 2022
Should you replace your roof before selling your home?
This is an interesting strategic question, nowadays, because home sellers can fetch a much more lucrative asking price if they renovate or remodel. There are certain home improvement tasks, like roof replacements, that add significant value to your home, and attract more buyers. We’d like to show you why it may be worth it if you’re trying to sell your house for top dollar.
Benefits of Replacing Your Roof Before Selling
- Residential roofs are the first thing anybody notices when they pull up to your home. Therefore, it behooves you to have it looking the best before staging or showing your home.
- Roof replacement is one of the fastest home renovation projects. While it might take weeks or months to replace a kitchen or build a swimming pool, we can complete a new roof within a day or two.
- When you’re in the middle of selling your home, there are lots of property inspections prior to closing the deal. It’s a tremendous advantage to have a new roof and other exterior components to help avoid delays.
- According to the National Association of Realtors, installing a new roof can earn you an average of 107% of the home’s cost at resale.
- The average increase in resale value is roughly $12,000 across the United States.
- It’s a great way to make prospective buyers more comfortable about buying your home. They’ll feel much more confident about the rest of your property when they see that you have the basics covered with a solid roof.
A Few Other Exterior Renovation Ideas
Rapid Roofing has a few secondary services that also augment the value of a home you wish to sell. These include exterior components like siding, gutters, and other amenities upgrades like new vents and skylights. Each of these add significant home value, especially when you do them in tandem with roof installation.
Siding is what will add the most curb appeal and value. In fact, when we explore roof designs and colors with our clients, we always consider how the roof will look along with the siding. When the color schemes don’t fit together, you could make your house stick out like a sore thumb in your neighborhood.
Fortunately, our professional installation team can help you coordinate your home exterior effectively. You have your choice of several material options, including James Hardie, vinyl, and composite wood siding.
Don’t Replace Your Roof by Yourself
If you decide to pursue any major exterior project, especially a replacement roof, please resist the urge to do it by yourself. There’s a lot of expertise that goes into proper installation.
Some owners take the DIY approach, and do patchwork repair on their roofs, but this is dangerous, and it rarely turns out well. Instead, contact Rapid Roofing for a reliable project estimate, thorough and timely service, and outstanding service warranties.
Find out How to Replace Your Roof Anytime with Rapid Roofing
We thoroughly enjoy helping homeowners in the Detroit area rehab and sell their homes with excellent roof upgrades. If you’re not sure whether you even need to replace or repair your roof, we can perform a 17-point inspection that covers every slope and angle.
Rapid Roofing has an A+ accreditation with the Better Business Bureau (BBB), and plenty of recognition from previous clients in Michigan. Much of our work comes from referrals because homeowners around here appreciate our dedication. You can see evidence of that all over our website, and we can show you many other examples upon request.
Contact Rapid Roofing today to replace your roof before selling and add substantial value to your Michigan home.