The Best Residential Roofing Materials That You Should Know About
March 21, 2023
How familiar are you with the best residential roofing materials?
There are plenty of choices, as you’ll see in this article. Each has certain advantages pertaining to durability, aesthetic quality, insulation enhancement, and lifespan. Let’s check out the benefits to using modern roofing materials such as asphalt shingles, metal, tile, and slate.
The Most Common Roof Materials in Michigan
- Asphalt Shingles
- There are so many outstanding ways to set up shingles, utilizing several color shades that correspond with your siding and window shutters. We prefer GAF shingles, which have a terrific reputation for durability, carry great warranty options, and last multiple decades without needing another replacement.
- If you can afford a major upgrade, then tile is a wonderful roof material. You can tile a roof with concrete, metal, clay, and solar tiles now. Those materials are all strong enough to provide strong weather protection, but you can expect more maintenance work than with asphalt shingles.
- Metal is also rather pricey, but it has excellent longevity. Metal roofs often hold together for at least 40 years. The maintenance isn’t always that bad, but you’ll have to get used to the noise whenever it rains, sleets, or hails.
- Slate is a popular way to tile your roof. What’s the drawback? It’s one of the heaviest materials, making the installation much more difficult and time-consuming. We can install shingles, however, within a day or two.
Are Shingles the Best Residential Roofing Materials?
Rapid Roofing installs shingles more than anything else. Many modern styles look fantastic on almost any home. Plus, we have full certification as Master Elite installers for the GAF brand, which means we can put them together properly.
Here are a few reasons to install a new shingle system for your Michigan home.
- Shingles provide enough insulation for optimal energy efficiency even when it’s freezing outside.
- They’re the most cost-effective option since they’re affordable yet still durable.
- Several shingle brands can withstand winds over 100 mph. You can also get premium shingles that are fire resistant, algae resistant, and capable of deflecting UV rays.
- Unlike metal roofs, which magnify the noise during rainstorms, asphalt shingles do a terrific job of muffling exterior noises.
- Many homeowners manage to lower their insurance premiums by installing a new roof with durable shingle systems.
Do You Need a Roof Inspection?
Sometimes, it’s difficult to tell whether you need to invest in a new roof system, make a few repairs, or leave things alone for a while. Fortunately, you can call us anytime for a 17-point roof inspection and have one of our specialists diagnose problems. It’s a brilliant way to save money, get the most lifespan out of your roof by detecting problems early, and enjoy greater peace of mind.
How often should you have a professional inspect your roof?
The simplest answer is to do it once a year, but you may want us to visit twice if your roof is reaching the end of its life cycle. Once it looks like you might have problems, it’s worthwhile to check for leaks, holes, and other problems before every summer and winter.
Hire Rapid Roofing for Installation Services with the Best Residential Roofing Materials
You can call Rapid Roofing for inspection services and reliable roofing advice for many service locations all around Detroit. This includes smaller communities like Farmington Hills, Grosse Pointe, and Milford.
We have the reputation as Michigan’s best roofing company because we honor our service warranties, complete each job on time, and apply expert workmanship into every small task. You can verify that yourself by glancing over our customer testimonials, which exceed 1,000 reviews, for an aggregate 4.9/5.0 rating. Hardly any other service company can maintain that standard of excellence.
Contact us anytime to learn all about the highest quality residential roofing materials we use on every roofing project.